Direct link: http://dl.hydrostaticpodcast.com/HP_24_Like_a_Child_with_a_Toy.mp3
IntroductionWe have no guest this episode, but at least we have a podcast!
Question for the Panel
What is your favorite drone-based ship?
Phyridean's Pub Quiz
Last Episode's question: What was CCP called before it was CCP?Answer: Loki Margmiðlun or Loki Multimedia, from 1997-1999 (they made the original Danger Game)
Congratulations to Cyrillian Voth for winning our random draw from the 12 people who submitted.
This Episode's question: What is the special ingredient in real-life Quafe?Three people who get the correct answer will be drawn at random, and will receive any combination of NES store items worth 1965 AUR
Mailbag, Corrections, and Updates
- AK and Forlorn Gaeden wrote in to ask a huge number of questions, many of which don't yet have answers. To them and others of similar mind, I strongly suggest joining Tweetfleet Slack and the #lore channel and Mark726's lore primer
- Samira corrects us: Heirs can be capsuleers, they just can't take advantage of cloning technology
- Zappity pointed us to an interview with Max Singularity on Podside 330 that was very interesting. Thanks, Zappity!
- New Patrons: Oliver, Guillaume, General Stargazer, Sany Saccente, Suzuha Yamada, Denise (and Jeff, but he'll get a shoutout in the next episode)
- Eve Uni’s class on drones: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Drones_101
- Just for Locke, from Eve University: http://s757.photobucket.com/user/ScoopIrish/media/eveuni_trainingismagic_zps458366d9.png.html
- When to use which size?
- Fighters and Bombers - Specialized for use on carriers and supercarriers. For hitting large targets
- Sentry - stationary or slower targets. Gardes will track the best, Wardens the worst. Ranges vice versa.
- Heavy drones - against battleships or battlecruisers. Very slow cruisers?
- Medium Scout - Cruisers, very slow frigates
- Light Scout - Frigates. Warriors and acolytes are fast, hobgoblins and hornets are slow but powerful. Never use hornets
- Race effect for Damage and style:
- Minmatar - Fastest and weakest, Explosive
- Amarr - Fast and weak, EM
- Caldari - Slow but strong, Kin
- Gallente - Slowest but Strongest, Therm
- Specialty Drones - When to use?
- “Augmented” drones
- Key drone Skills
- Drones (how many drones can I field?)
- Drone Interfacing (10% to damage per level)
- Drone Avionics (5km to control range)
- Advanced drone avionics (3km bonus to control range, opens ewar drones)
- Drone Durability (5% to armor/hull/shield)
- Drone Navigation (5% to velocity)
- Drone Sharpshooting (5% to optimal range)
- Drone specializations (2% to racial damage)
- Key drone modules
- Drone Damage amplifier - Low
- Drone Link Augmentor (control range T1=20km, t2=24km) - High
- Drone navigation computer (increases MWD speed of drones--hardly ever used) - Mid
- Omnidirectional tracking link (increases tracking/optimal of all drones) - Mid
- Drone disadvantages
- The only weapon system you can accidentally leave behind
- MWD to target, then orbit (difficult for fast targets)
- Vulnerable to smartbombs
- drones can be idiots - make sure you turn on focus fire, and pay attention
- Damage application may not match the use profile you need.
- The only weapon system the enemy can dismantle with normal firepower.
- Drone advantages
- Difficult to target and destroy without smartbombs or fast lockers
- tunable damage
- drone assist (one person can control up to 50 drones)
- Particularly good drone ships
- Ishtar (still)
Know Your Lore
- Thanks to @subspacesignals and @reinheartnovan for pointing out these three chronicles
- Let us know how the Reading Rainbow style worked!
- Huge shoutout to our patreon patrons and our listeners for being patient with us and your tremendous support
- Shout out to Nova Haven and the folks at Neocom.
- Shout out to those who supported Ash
- shoutout to the lore channel, Shoutout to our crews. RIP crews.
Send Feedback to email@example.comOr check out our other projects
MusicIntroduction and Transition music: Music for the Galatea Release by CCP Games
Closing music is Supercaps by David K. Magnus with additional vocals by Wendy Magnus