Direct link: http://dl.hydrostaticpodcast.com/HP_9_Always_Have_More_Guns.mp3
Guest Expert: CCP Fozzie, spaceship developer extraordinaire.
Fozzie takes us to task for our discouragement of mixed gun classes on a ship fit.
Question for the Panel
What feature of Hyperion are you most excited about?
Lockefox: New BPO API endpoints
Phyridean: Wormhole changes (you can direct complaints about Phy's views on Wormholes to any of the correspondence links below)
Ashterothi: Burner missions! (Apparently, CCP Delegate Zero and CCP Lebowski came up with some innovative strategies for dealing with these that CCP Fozzie didn't expect.)
CCP Fozzie: Shareable overviews
"A good balance change is one that...opens up decision space" -CCP Fozzie
The Alliance Tournament
- Around 47:00, Fozzie mentions that there will be "really cool stuff" for tournaments coming up in the next year.
Know your Lore
The Seyllin Incident
- The series of chronicles leading up to the Seyllin Incident:
- And the excellent wiki article on Shattered Planets
- The Empyrean Age Trailer, cued to Jamyl Sarum's use of the Terran superweapon
- A rare event: Children of Light on the Perimeter stargate in Iyen-Oursta
- The chronicle was originally released more than 10 years ago
- @webspaceships can't find it, but someone sent him a screenshot
- Three or so years ago, people weren't optimistic that it was actually a real thing
- The reddit thread: apparently people enjoy this kind of thing!
- Slack Chat, Aideron Robotics' preferred Google Hangouts and IRC replacement
- Locke's alternate Alliance Tournament commentary can be found at his channel, twitch.tv/hlibindustry
- Fozzie gives a shout out to all the Alliance Tournament teams, and Phyridean suggests you look for a local group and watch the AT together.
Contact InformationSend Feedback to email@example.com
Hydrostatic Podcast: @hydrostaticcast on twitter
Ash: @ashterothi and ashterothi ingame
Locke: @hlibindustry, Eve Prosper blog, twitch.tv/hlibindustry
Phy: “Phyridean” everywhere (twitter, gmail, ingame)
MusicIntroduction and transition music: Hyperion Release Theme by CCP Games
Closing music is also the Hyperion Release Theme, as we ran long, and it is relatively short. If you have any suggestions for Eve-related music, please let us know!